Thursday, March 6, 2008

Where it's so white as snow

Two days ago I went on a hike with my roommate Dan in Rock Canyon. We didn't go super far because we had started at 6 and had to turn back when it got dark. Yesterday I went on a hike in the same place with Trevor. When we started the sun was out, not a cloud in the sky. After hiking for 2 hours it began to snow - hard. We were wearing short sleeve shirts with sweatshirts. After downing some PBJ sandwiches we began running back. Back at the mouth of the canyon it wasn't snowing at all. I got some sweet video of some base jumpers that I will try and get up.

This evening was pretty rough. I didn't sleep this morning so I tried sleeping from 5 to 9. I woke up at 8 because my roommate Paul's alarm clock was going off. I walked out of my room to clouds of smoke. They had started a fire in the fireplace and for some reason it was filling the house with thick smoke. Since they were using starter logs and not real logs it smelled like paraffin.

The title: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow (hey Oh)

No comments: