Monday, May 26, 2008

Dreaming in red, white, and blue

Today for church I wore my tie with an american flag on it in honor of Memorial Day. Someone commented to me that I was a bit early for the 4th of July. I have been thinking about that all day. I imagine there are uncountable Americans who have no idea what the meaning is behind their long weekend. If you read this, take note, it is a day to remember all the men and women who have died in service of the US military. At 3pm Eastern time much of the country will participate in a moment of silence. I suggest you take this time to think about what these people have done for you and where the US would be without people to fight for our freedom.

I was supposed to go camping this weekend, but the campground cancelled our reservation due to snow. Instead I went to a cookout at Tom and Kari's house in Sandy. There wasn't very many of us there, but we had a good time eating food and playing wiffle ball.

The title: Brooks and Dunn - Only in America

No comments: