Thursday, July 3, 2008

We see that smile on your face

Since tomorrow is a holiday my pay got direct deposited a day early. Wooo Hooo! In the past two weeks I amassed 46 hours of overtime. I was pretty darn shocked when I checked my bank account. Over this weekend I will be working more overtime, so the next check will also be quite pleasant. I know a lot of people thought I had abandoned my blog, but I was just working.

I lost my camera a few weeks ago. I left it on the roof of my car when I was loading bikes in my car and drove away. When I came back 10 or 15 minutes later it was already gone. There are no cameras out there that really grab me, I want my old one back.

The IRS sent me a letter saying that I am not getting a refund, and that I owe them money. I have no idea what happened there, but I'm not happy about it.

This week some high up management from the company I work for came to our site. I made breakfast for our whole project and it was pretty excellent. They were there to hand out promotions. Four people got promoted, and although I didn't make it, I got a $100 bonus. I'll keep plugging away, and hopefully next time or the time after will be me.

It has been hot here. We have the swamp cooler running 24/7. It keeps it nice and cool in here. I did laundry on my night off and the dryer was broken. I had to run my towels through three times before they got dry! I think Greg got it fixed today.

The title: Soundgarden - Head Down

No comments: