Friday, May 21, 2010

Traffic jam, got more cars than a beach got sand

The traffic in California is legendary and today I got a heavy dose of it.  I live about 10 miles from work, but it took me almost an hour to get home.  My work has a "Social" every Friday at 4pm.  Free food that is themed, and free drinks.  By free drinks I mean a cooler full of soda and water and a bunch of different beer on tap.  Unlimited.  Fo realz.  The problem is that I get off at 4:30, and if I do not leave immediately a wave of people going home bombards the route I take and we all sit in gridlock together.  I went to the social to get some eats instead of going home right away.  The food was great, but the traffic was not.

I am visiting "home" this coming week.  I don't know what is classified as home anymore.  CA, UT, or MA?  I went to church this past Sunday here in California and I really like my new ward.  Matt Beynon served 7 month of his mission in this ward and told me it is fantastic.

If you find yourself in the San Diego area please call me :)

The title: Dave Matthews - Too Much

No comments: