Wednesday, December 26, 2007

We're just human, amusing and confusing

As Christmas got closer I feared that I'd be spending it alone sitting at my house here in Utah. My friend Lacey saved me, and I could not have imagined in my wildest dreams that she'd invite me to her house for Christmas. All the action there happens on Christmas Eve. They make little sacks of treats and toys for everyone that comes. Different people bring different soups. There's a Toy Soldier parade with instruments. The Twelve Days of Christmas song with giant posters and each person with their poster singing that part. They sing songs with everyone there singing a couple different words. There's a talent show! It was soooo awesome of a time, I can't even explain. Everyone there was super nice, and lots of fun. I wish I Lacey sang more, she has such an incredible voice. After most of the people left they started playing pinochle which is also a tradition. I couldn't figure it out. They even gave me a cheat sheet, but it didn't help. Maybe because I hadn't slept in forever, I'm not sure, maybe next time a pinochle game breaks out I'll try to get it again. I went to bed at 10:30 and didn't wake up until around 7:30. I slept in the most comfy bed ever. It was like sleeping on a giant pillow. Christmas morning we emptied out stockings and openned presents. Santa still found me, even though I was so far from home! The rest of the day was a lazy relaxing day. I helped make cheeseburger soup for dinner and then headed home so I could make it to work. I think the best parts of the two days were hanging out with Lacey and singing with all the little kids. The large amount of little kids was really terrific.

By the time I got home I had a killer migraine and called into work and went to sleep. Today I am feeling much better. I have presents too! My brother got me a gift card to Snowbird and my parents got me a surround sound system. I'm going to have to really learn to ski with this bent leg. I'm going to have to find something to hook this surround sound system up too as well!

One week till I leave for Florida!! Two weeks and two days till my birthday!!

The title: Jack Johnson - Never Know

No comments: