Saturday, January 1, 2011

Lights will guide you home

I have returned to San Diego!  I got to see a lot of people that I didn't expect I'd get the chance to see, and yet there were still more people I hoped to see that I missed. 

I got to have lunch with my friend Dave from T&R and he is doing fantastic.  He got a road bike and has been riding all over the place and meeting new people.  I have been thinking about getting a road bike for a long time, but I was always afraid of the traffic.  Here in Escondido it might not be so bad.  The only problem I have is that I don't know anything about road bikes. 

Before I left my friend Morgan came over to visit.  I haven't seen her in years.  So many years in fact that she wasn't done growing when I saw her last and I was surprised to see that she's almost 6 feet tall.  Tall and absolutely beautiful.  I had such a fun time visiting with her.  We laughed so much that my cheeks hurt haha.  I am hoping to convince her to come out to visit, or maybe I will have to fly back to MA to see her.

Seeing Morgan got me thinking about my friend Marcy (which is how I met Morgan).  Marcy lives about an hour north of where I live in Cali.  I have been here since May and never met up with her, so I texted her tonight and told her that we need to soon.  She agreed, and we are going to make that happen.

Since it is the new year I am going to set some goals, cause goals are good, and that's what people do in the new year.  The only goal that I am pretty determined to hit is to lose 50 pounds by about June.  I am currently just under 250 pounds.  I am not sure if I am going to get a road bike or just hit the gym more, but I am definitely going to try to exercise in some way Monday through Saturday every week.

The title: Coldplay - Fix You

No comments: