Thursday, January 3, 2008

I'm leaving on a jet plane

Yesterday I flew to Florida. I got to the airport two hours before takeoff and it took so long to get through bag checking and security that I was only sitting waiting to board for 10 minutes. The flight was good though. I was sitting next to quiet people. The guy accross the aisle was holding a conversation up until takeoff by shouting it between someone three rows back. That was pretty annoying. It wasn't warm when I got here. I put my sweater back on when I was waiting in the baggage claim. This morning it is warm enough for shorts and a t-shirt, but it's still not how Florida should be. They said it was a lot warmer before I showed up. I haven't seen all these people in 10 years, and besides the two youngest girls, everyone looks exactly the same. I know I look different, and everyone says so. I'm still not sure if that's a good thing. Some people said if they passed me in the street they wouldn't have recognized me. We're going to Disney World later in the week, which I am pretty excited for.

The title: John Denver - Leaving on a Jet Plane

No comments: