Thursday, December 16, 2010

For the holidays you can't beat home sweet home.

Well, if home is where the heart is then I have no idea where "home" is.  I love it here in California, but man do I miss Massachusetts in the winter.  I know that so many of you are wondering how I can choose snow over bright sunshine and warm days.  There's 10 days 'til Christmas, and Christmas to me is not a day at the beach.  I guess living in MA Christmas was rarely white, but there's something about the crisp air, smells of wood stoves, trees without leaves, and people bundled up from head to toe that make it just so awesome!  Part of my heart is also divided off to my now ex-wife Esther, but I pretty much just try and block that out because it kinda hurts to think about.  I am flying to Massachusetts on the 24th and flying back on the 26th!  Not very long to be there, but I will be with my family for Christmas :)

I have had no luck convincing people to visit me here!  So many people say how nice it must be, but nobody wants to visit.  The only excuse I ever hear is that it is too expensive.  I am considering putting together a contest to fly a friend here for a week with me.  Would anyone be interested in that?

My job is really fantastic.  I can't say that enough.  I really love the people that I work with *and* the job!  Today I had a meeting with someone on the network security team to discuss reworking the network for our filers.  They encourage us to make suggestions to make things better here and they actually get implemented when they are good ideas!  Why has it been impossible in many places I have worked to suggest improvements?

I have a TON of pictures to post to update my online photo gallery, but I haven't worked on any of them in probably a year.  I'm going to have to work on that real soon.

I have so much more to say, but I have to get to bed.  All that I have to say probably won't get posted, but feel free to call or email if you like!

The title: Various Artists - Home for the Holidays

1 comment:

Miranda W. said...

I definitely think Trevor would be interested in that contest. He misses you and would love to get away from his grouchy wife.

So I just vote he wins.