Saturday, December 25, 2010

There's no place like home for the holidays

When I arrived at my parent's house there was an amazing spread of appetizers to snack on all night.  My brother and girlfriend were there, and so was my nephew.  We opened presents and listened to Christmas music.

Saturday morning we awoke to a Christmas that was not white.  What did we do about that?  We grabbed a snow gun that I made when I was a kid and headed to  my brother's house.  My brother has some huge air compressors that he uses for sandblasting and they worked perfect.  We only ran it for about 15 minutes, but that was enough to cover a bit of his front lawn with a dusting of snow.



I spent the day with my parent's at the home of my nephew's mom.  She made a crazy amount of fantastic food.  I ate way too much.  I played a lot of Mario Kart with the kids there.

Tomorrow I will be heading to church here and I am dreading having to explain that I am no longer married.  At least Esther answered my text today wishing her Merry Christmas.

I am supposed to be flying home tomorrow night, but that might now happen.  Today it snowed in Georgia (where my layover is) and it hasn't snowed in Atlanta in over 100 years.  It should start snowing here around 6am and be blizzard conditions from noon until noon the next day!

The title: Perry Como - Home for the Holidays

No comments: