Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Where in the world is Greg Weld?

Maybe someone I haven't talked to in a long time will stumble upon this and wonder what I have been up to. Maybe someone I haven't talked to in 3 months will find me on here. Either way, there's a good chance it's different from the last time we were in contact.

So, what AM I up to?
I am currently living in Orem, UT. I moved here in August. You're probably wondering how I got here, and sometimes I do too. The first part of that explanation is that I am a Mormon, I am LDS, I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know that you are wondering what that has to do with anything. Just under 5 years ago I joined the church and since then it has influenced the direction that my life has taken. As a member of the church, one of the things we can take advantage of is getting a Patriarchal Blessing. This is given by someone that you very often don't know, or don't know very well. There is one designated person for a certain geographical area that gives these. When i got my blessing I was pretty blown away how dead on it was in describing the person that I am. Almost everyone I have asked about theirs says the same thing. In part of this blessing, which to members of the church is often thought of as person scripture, it is said that I will live in an area where the church is very strong and that is centrally located among educational facilities ...or something close to that. Orem Utah really descibes that well, and there was a pretty huge series of events that lines up perfectly to get me here. In fact, as far back as I think about that chain, I think of things that caused those things, and so on, to the point where I cannot think of where the chain of events began. Looking at the whole picture, it just seems like this is where I was destined to be.

Now that you know where I am, and how I got here, or at least sort of how I got here, let me tell you what I am up to. I have aquired a job working at Convergys for NetApp. Convergys runs callcenters, lots of them. I'm not in your average callcenter. I do mostly outbound calls. Not telemarketing (thank goodness!!), but calls to people who email me first. I'm working 3rd shift, which to those of you who do not know, is overnight (graveyard shift). I really like my job! I help lots of customers, and more than that, I help lots of other techs. We're actually called TSEs which stands for Technical Support Engineers. I don't consider us engineers, at least not in the way that some of my friends are engineers. I got this job because I saw it posted at UVSC, which I was attending when I got here. I ended up dropping my classes to take the job. Just another link in the chain of what got me where I am at.

No comments: