Thursday, November 29, 2007

The sea is just a wetter version of the sky.

I am patiently waiting for some precipitation in the frozen form. The mountains have snow. I am pretty excited to go sledding here. people keep telling me that there are awesome places to go sledding here, and I see how that's possible with how big the hills are here and how open the terrain is. All i have is Christmas music and cold weather so far to tell me it's winter. We need snow and ice. There's no smell of fireplaces burning here. The stucco of the buildings here is unfriendly. Somehow I find the wooden faces on building of new england more friendly, even if they are now vinyl siding, it still looks like wood.

Tonight I whipped up some rice casserole which my mom used to make when I was a kid. it's nothing special - just rice, tomato paste, onions, hamburger, and cheese. The taste is pretty good, but what's better is the nostalgia. It brings back some great memories. Geoff and Kim came over to play some settlers. Kim beat us soundly while hitting on Geoff ad nauseam. Ok, not really that much, but it did make me think back to when I lived with Geoff and the girls would come over to eat my food and gawk at Geoff. For as long as I've been dating I can remember being told many times "Greg, you're the kind of guy you marry, not the kind you date." I never knew that that meant, but maybe I do now. If it's true I'm ok with it. Some day someone awesome will switch from dating mode to marriage mode and I might be in the right place at the right time to catch it.

The title: Regina Spektor - Folding Chair

No comments: